Contact Us

Web-Site: www.haitihero.org                 E-Mail: info@haitihero.org

Sunday, November 15, 2009

Simple Joy


I have no experience teaching English to students that, unfortunately, do not know how to read or write in their own language. Even the best planned lessons have faltered, because I continually fail to realize that my students at SOPUDEP are entering this schooling experience with almost no background in the educational experience of school. These students, children who live on the street, continually reassure me, and encourage me to keep trying to teach them English. In addition to teaching English, I have taken a photo of each one, and given them their personal copy to take with them back to wherever it is they call home. I hope that having a picture of themselves, in some small way, provides them with some simple joy.

Thank you to those that have contributed to our project H.E.R.O. We are working diligently towards providing an adequate housing and educational arrangement for the street children and orphans of Port Au Prince. Please contact me if you have any questions about our work.