Contact Us

Web-Site: www.haitihero.org                 E-Mail: info@haitihero.org

Wednesday, December 2, 2009

One Meal A Day

I went to SOPUDEP yesterday to continue my English classes with the street children of Petion-Ville, Haiti. When I arrived I was glad to see that the food program at SOPUDEP had begun again. There had been a three month hiatus due to lack of funds and lack of food donations to support the food program. What impresses me the most about the children is that they come to school regardless of whether food will be served that day. They are there to learn, and if there happens to be a meal, then even better. The meal that SOUPDEP provides to the students may be the only meal they eat that day. This program is making differences in the lives of children in Haiti EVERYDAY! SK