Contact Us

Web-Site: www.haitihero.org                 E-Mail: info@haitihero.org

Monday, February 18, 2013

It's Good To Be Back



I can’t believe I was away from Haiti for 4 weeks!  It is definitely good to be back, and see how great our kids are doing!  There are no unusual or truly interesting events to report, which is actually a relief.  It means that all is running smoothly, the kids are going to school, participating in tennis and chess lessons, going to church on Sundays, and just enjoying the opportunity to be kids: without having to worry about where their next meal is coming from, if rain will flood their house, or if anyone will ever care about them.  All those needs are met here at the H.E.R.O. House, and it’s inspiring to be able to just sit back and watch our kids live a “normal” life.

I am truly grateful for our staff and Vice-President, Michele, who kept the H.E.R.O. House running smoothly during my absence.  At H.E.R.O. the goal has always been to provide the training and support necessary for our local staff to have the capacity to run the House without either Michele or myself being in-country.  Trust me, there is no other place I would rather be than in Haiti, ensuring that everything is running smoothly, all the time.  But, as the President of H.E.R.O. there are times that I must be in the United States promoting our work (fundraising), organizing official documents such as taxes and state registrations, and buying much needed supplies to bring over.  In order for me to do that, our local staff must be able to operate the H.E.R.O. House at the same efficiency and effectiveness that our standards require.  So, it was definitely a blessing to be away these 4 week and return to a well run House!

No comments:

Post a Comment