Contact Us

Web-Site: www.haitihero.org                 E-Mail: info@haitihero.org

Thursday, December 8, 2011

The Christmas Spirit: Helping Haitian Orphans

Donate Now By Clicking Here!

Tomorrow I will fly back to Haiti for what will be my first Christmas with our children.  Riding along with me will be more than 100 pounds of toys, clothes, hygiene products, and school supplies that have been generously donated to H.E.R.O., so that our children may share in the joy of Christmas.  There are some very special people here in the United States that have gone out of their way to ensure that our children are able to experience the holidays as they have never before.  I am grateful for the ability to provide for the children residing at the H.E.R.O. House; it is only through the generosity of others that what we do is possible.  I am proud to be the transporter of these goods to Haiti, knowing that each item donated is filled with love, and resolve that the children of Haiti can have the opportunity to live a better, brighter future.

I want to thank my cousin Mia, her colleague Janice, and their amazing group of FCCLA students at Eastview High School in Minnesota who collected toys, clothes, and school supplies for each of our children.  A few weeks ago the children and I Skyped into the FCCLA meeting so that we all could meet each other over the internet; technology is amazing!

I want to thank Toni Burns, a courageous woman that not only volunteered with H.E.R.O. last summer, but also sent us five boxes full of hygiene products, toys, games, and holiday treats for the kids.  Toni has been an avid supporter of H.E.R.O. since her first trip in July of this year.  You can read about her experience HERE working at the H.E.R.O. House.  Toni, I look forward to seeing you in Haiti again real soon!

I want to thank Lili Ferrandi, who recently helped us acquire 35 school supply kits, and just this past week collaborated with Claudia, the leader of Girl Scout troop 322 in South Florida to donate more than 65 wrapped and decorated shoe boxes filled with all sorts of holiday gifts for the children of Haiti.  It is partnerships such as these that can really make a difference!

As I finish packing my bags, I look at each item that will reach Haiti, and think about all the love, hope, and prayers that went into that item, as it prepares to travel across the ocean to reach the hands of an orphan in Haiti.  I can’t wait to see the eyes of our children light up, to realize that there are people in this world that truly care about them and for them.  H.E.R.O. has truly been blessed with supporters and donors that want to make a difference in this world.  When I close my eyes, on the brief 2 hour flight to Haiti, I will rest comfortably knowing that the children in our care have been given the opportunity to live a life filled with love, joy, and happiness.  That, my friends, is the real meaning of the Christmas spirit.

Sincerely,

Steven M. Kirby, Ed.D
President  

Donate Now By Clicking Here!

No comments:

Post a Comment