Contact Us

Web-Site: www.haitihero.org                 E-Mail: info@haitihero.org

Thursday, August 12, 2010

Remembering Fiji, Heading To Ghana, Project Haiti


Niu, father to Kama, at Kama's burial site


I have been blessed to have had the opportunity to travel the world.  In this year alone I have survived an earthquake in Haiti, returned to Fiji to attend the funeral of my friend's 15 year old son, and tomorrow I am leaving for Accra, Ghana for a reunion with a young man I met 10 years ago; a Ghanaian that has beaten the odds and recently earned his Associates Degree in Finance and Marketing (more on the back-story in a later edition).  Each of my experiences in Haiti, Fiji, and Ghana have taught me life lessons that I could not have received by staying in the United States.  Each time I travel abroad, especially to third world countries, I am always humbled by the knowledge and life lessons that are passed down to me.  It truly is an honor.




Louis (right), his brother Gerson (middle), and his father (left) as we travel through the rural areas of Ghana




Children in a Tent City in Port-Au-Prince, Haiti

No comments:

Post a Comment